Smart Public Environments II
- Contact person:
- Paul Davidsson
- Responsible at Malmö University:
- Paul Davidsson
- Project members:
- Time frame:
- 01 September 2017 - 18 December 2020
- Research environment :
The chosen profile area of project is smart public environments that are public and/or publicly available or driven by public activities in the city of Lund and Malmö. Both Lund and Malmö actively pursues a number of activities in this area and strategically invests a large part of their digitalization budget related to this topic. It is envisaged that IoT will increasingly play a crucial role in the creation of new solutions for public environments. In addition to this, the aim is to create a base to avoid "silo" solutions, by creating horizontal building blocks that enables reuse, transparency and sharing of information.
This activity is central in order to create an effective platform and process to more effectively implement IoT solutions in public operations that streamline, create innovation power and strengthen transparency towards citizens.
The project has a strong consortium consisting of 17 core partners- Lund municipality, Malmö municipality, Lunds University, Malmö University, Mobile Heights, RISE, Sony, Ericsson, Telia, Sensative, Sensefarm, Kraftringen, Schneider, Ideon Innovation and u-Blox. The project also has a network of informal partners (at the moment some 30 companies and organisations) that is expect to grow as the project develops.
Key features of the project are:
- focus on smart public environments
- a strong project team
- solid involvement of city of Malmö and Lund in formulating needs
- clear focus on open systems and open data
- support innovation and entrepreneurial actors; and
- open and shared IoT testbeds.
The project will initially focus on 4 innovation cases:
- bike data
- monitoring of critical infrastructure
- efficient and secure city farming
- user centered waste management.