School health care and SRHR promotion
- Contact person:
- Malin Lindroth
- Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Project members:
- Time frame:
- 01 August 2021 - 30 June 2023
- Research environment :
- Research subject:
About the project
School health care teams are vital actors in health promotion, also when promoting sexual and reproductive health. However, knowledge regarding how school health teams in Sweden work to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights, SRHR, is lacking. Therefore, a study will be conducted, consisting of an initial literature review followed by structured interviews with school health care staff.
The following questions will guide the study:
- Are questions related to SRHR posed in health conversations in years 6 and 9, and if so which, and how is this followed up?
- Are questions related to SRHR posed in connection to HPV vaccination, and if so, which?
- Do school health care team staff support teachers in sex and relations education, and if so how?
- Do school health care teams cooperate with social services or youth clinics on issues regarding SRHR, and if so how?
- Are there methods or preventive measures for risk exposed young people, and if so what?