- Dawson, Christian (2009). Projects in computing and information systems. A student’s guide, 2nd edition. Addison Wesley
- Oates, B.J. (2005). Researching Information Systems and Computing. Sage Publications, UK
- Zobel, J. (2004). Writing for Computer Science – The art of effective communication, 2nd edition. Springer, UK
- Individual literature is selected by the student in consultation with the supervisor
Master’s thesis in Applied Data Science (two year)
About the course
The purpose of the course is for the student to further develop knowledge, understanding, and skills needed to work with problems in the field of computer science in a scientific way. This includes the ability to independently plan, perform and present a project that represents a contribution to current research in the area. The student's knowledge of research methodology shall also be applied in the choice of scientific method and thesis writing.
This course is offered as part of a programme:
Entry requirements and selection
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related subjects.
- At least 15 credits in programming.
- At least 7.5 credits in mathematics.
- Knowledge equivalent to English 6 at Swedish upper secondary level.
- At least 45 credits completed in the main area of study within the master programme, Computer Science: Applied Data Science
- A passing grade in the course Research Methods of Computer Science and Fundamental Computational Theory
The University provides students who are taking or have completed a course with the opportunity to share their experiences of and opinions about the course in the form of a course evaluation that is arranged by the University. The University compiles the course evaluations and notifies the results and any decisions regarding actions brought about by the course evaluations. The results shall be kept available for the students. (HF 1:14).
For more information about the education:firstname.lastname@example.org
This education is provided by
Faculty of Technology and Society
The Faculty of Technology and Society (TS), conducts education and research with a focus on technology and natural sciences, in...