- Alba, Richard & Foner, Nancy (2017) Strangers no more, Immigration and the challenges of integration in North America and Western Europe. Princeton: Prince-ton University Press.
- Berger, S. & Storm, E. (eds) (2019) Writing the history of nationalism. Lon-don/New York/Oxford/New Delhi/Sydney: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Brettell, C. & Hollifield, J. (2022) (eds.) Migration Theory: Talking across disci-plines. Fourth Edition. London: Routledge.
- Daynes, S and Lee, O (2008) Desire for Race. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Hampshire, J. (2013). The Politics of Immigration, Cambridge: Polity
- Jenkins, R. (2008) Rethinking Ethnicity. London: Sage Publication.
- Jenkins, R. (2008) Social Identity. London & New York: Routledge.
- Ryndyk, O., Suter, B, and Odden, G. (2021) Migration to and from Welfare States. Lived Experiences of the Welfare-Migration Nexus in a Globalised World. Amster-dam: IMISCOE Springer Series.
- Özkirimli, U. (2017) Theories of Nationalism: A Critical Introduction. Third edition. London: Palgrave.
startsAdditional readings of around 700 pages will be added during the course.