- Gurtin, Morton E., Fried, Eliot. & Anand, Lallit. (2010). The mechanics and thermodynamics of continua. New York: Cambridge University Press
The course covers the following:
• tensor algebra;
• kinematics for deformable solids;
• theories for finite and infinitesimal deformations;
• deformation and strain tensors;
• analysis of different states of stress;
• material and spatial descriptions; and
• fundamental mechanical and thermodynamic principles.
1. Degree of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering or a degree in a related field. All degrees must be equivalent to at least 180 higher education credits.
2. At least 22.5 credits of Mathematics.
3. The equivalent of English B in Swedish secondary school or equivalent
4. Passed courses:
• MT640A Materials Engineering, 7,5 hp
University credits completed 100%
The University provides students who are taking or have completed a course with the opportunity to share their experiences of and opinions about the course in the form of a course evaluation that is arranged by the University. The University compiles the course evaluations and notifies the results and any decisions regarding actions brought about by the course evaluations. The results shall be kept available for the students. (HF 1:14).
The Faculty of Technology and Society, TS, conducts education and research with a focus on technology and natural sciences, in...