- Booth, W.C., Colomb, G.G. & Williams, J.M. (2008). The craft of research. University of Chicago Press, Chicago.
- Hart, C. (1998). Doing a literature review: Releasing the social science research imagination. Sage.
- Martin, D. & Flowerdew, R. (2013). Methods in Human Geography. A guide for students doing a research project. Taylor and Francis (e-book).
- Ward, K. (2013). Researching the City: a guide for students. Sage Publications Ltd.
- Further articles may be added (max 120 pages) which will be made available electronically.
Students are expected to autonomously search, evaluate and use literature relevant to the chosen topic.