- Search, borrow and request
Search tools and databases – where
- Access to e-resources
- Borrowing and requesting books
- Order books and articles
- Distance students
Borrowing and requesting books
Malmö University Library is open to everyone, even to those who are not students or staff at the university.
Everyone who is 18 years or older is welcome to get a library card. Students or staff can use their multicard as a library card. If you are not a student at Malmö University you are welcome to one of our libraries to get a card.
Loan period and fines for late returns
Log in to see your loans/Renew a loan
- You may borrow books and movies for 3 weeks
- Obligatory course literature is always available in one copy that you can read at the library (sometimes this copy is an e-book). These are labelled “EJ HEMLÅN” (Library use only).
Your books will be automatically renewed if they are not requested. So, you no longer need to renew your books yourself.
We will announce via email which of your books need to be returned and which will be renewed. This email will be sent out three days before the last return date.
- The maximum number of automatic renewals is 7 times for students and the general public and 15 times for staff.
- If you want to renew your books before the date has expired or after the 7 automatic renewals, this also works well, just log in to My loans/Renew a loan. Here you can also change your contact information.
- We send you messages via e-mail so see to it that we always have the correct e-mail address.
- If you return books after the due date the overdue fine is SEK 10 per book and day.
- If your books have not been renewed due to requests or a maximum number of renewals, the library sends out an invoice after about a month. The invoice fee is SEK 400/book, where SEK 200/book is an administration fee that is paid even if you return the book.
- The fines can be paid online (students) or via bankgiro (public) by logging in to your library account (My loans/ renew a loan) or by card at the library’s information desk.
If the book you are looking for is out on loan, you can request it in Libsearch free of charge. Search for the book you want to request. Click on the “Place a hold” button. Please note that you cannot request a book if copies are available at one of our three libraries.
You can return books during the Libraries' opening hours.
See "Opening hours and contacts" for current opening hours
You can also return what you have borrowed by post. You pay the postage for returns yourself and are responsible for the books until they reach the library.