- After admission
- Prominent research
- Research subjects
- PhD studies
- PhD courses
- Doctoral Schools
- Doctoral school: Education, learning and globalisation
- Doctoral school: Learning in multicultural societal contexts
- Doctoral school: Data Driven Systems
- Doctoral school: GlycoImaging
- Doctoral school: BioCapture
- Doctoral school: FontD
- Doctoral school: Relevancing Mathematics and Science Education (RelMaS)
- Research publications
- Collaborate with us
- About us
- Find education
- Student web
- For staff
A scholarship can help you cover the costs of your studies at Malmö University. There are a number of scholarships available for prospective master's students from outside the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA). Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available at the bachelor's level.
Malmö University Master's Scholarship
Each year, Malmö University offers a limited number of scholarships to qualified master students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who are required to pay tuition fees. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, experience and motivation. They cover partial or up to the full tuition fee but do not cover other expenses, such as living expenses.
Students admitted to two-year programmes retain the scholarship for the second year if they successfully complete the first year of study and meet the progression criteria (minimum 22.5 credits a semester, minimum 45 credits an academic year).
The scholarship application round for the academic year 2021 opens in April 2021.
Who can apply?
You are eligible for the Malmö University Master's Scholarship if you are:
- required to pay tuition fees for university studies in Sweden; and
- admitted to an English-taught master's programme at Malmö University.
Please note: only applicants who have chosen Malmö University as their first choice on University Admissions will be considered.
To apply for the scholarship, follow these steps:
- Apply for one of our master’s programmes through University Admissions as your first priority. Make sure to pay the application fee to University Admissions.
- Admitted students will receive more information on how to apply for the scholarship after Notification of Selection Results.
- Scholarship selection will be based on previous academic excellence, the experience described in your CV, and your ability to motivate social engagement through your chosen programme at Malmö University.
- Applicants who have been offered a scholarship will be notified by mid-May. Those who are not offered a scholarship will not be notified individually.
Only a few students are granted scholarships every year. You should, therefore, start planning for ways to finance your tuition and stay in Sweden well in advance, in case you are not awarded a scholarship. The deadline to pay tuition fees is June 1.
Swedish Institute Scholarship
The Swedish Institute (SI) is a government agency which offers annual scholarships for international students. Find out if you are eligible for an SI scholarship:
A university degree is an investment in your future. For studies at Malmö University, some students are required to pay...
Programmes and courses
At Malmö University we offer 25 English-taught master's programmes. We also offer seven bachelor's degree programmes taught in...