- Bachmann-Medick, D, and Kugele, J. (2018) Migration: Changing Concepts, Critical Approaches. De Gruyter.
- Castles, S and Davidson, A, (2000) Citizenship and Migration: Globalization and the Politics of belonging, New York: McMillian.
- Castles, S De Haas, H and Miller, MJ, (2020) The Age of Migration, London : Red Globe Press
- Giddens, Anthony (2013) Modernity and Self-Identity. Self and identity in the Late Modern Age: Wiley (online)
- Grenfell, Michael James (2014) Pierre Bourdieu Key Concepts London: Taylor and Francis (Online).
- May, Stephen (2004) Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Minority Rights. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Rattansi Ali (2011) Multiculturalism A Very Short Introduction, Oxford: OUP.
- Redman, Peter & Maples, Wendy (2011) Good Essay Writing. A Social Science Guide: The Open University Press
- Compendium with articles (800 pages).
IMER II: The Challenges of Ethnic Diversity
About the course
Entry requirements and selection
IMER I (30 credits), at least 25 credits completed
University credits completed 100%
The University provides students who participate in or who have completed a course with the opportunity to make known their experiences and viewpoints with regards to the course by completing a course evaluation administered by the University. The University will compile and summarize the results of course evaluations as well as informing participants of the results and any decisions relating to measures initiated in response to the course evaluations. The results will be made available to the students (HF 1:14).
This education is provided by
Faculty of Culture and Society
At the Faculty of Culture and Society, research and education concerns many of the major issues of our time – for example those...