- Aggleton, Jen(2019)Defining digital comics: a British Library perspective,Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics,10:4,393-409https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21504857.2018.1503189
- Dittmar, Jakob (2013) ”Digital Comics”. Scandinavian Journal of Comics Research. http://sjoca.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SJoCA-1-2-Forum-Rabea-Heyden.pdf
- Dittmar, Jakob (2015) “Experiments in Digital Comics: Somewhere between Comics and Multimedia Storytelling”. Comics Forum.https://comicsforum.org/2015/03/14/experiments-in-digital-comics-somewhere-between-comics-and-multimedia-storytelling-by-jakob-f-dittmar/
- Kukkonen Karin (2013). Comics and Graphic novels. Wiley Blackwell.
- Miller, Ann,Reading bande dessinée: critical approaches to French-language comic strip, Intellect Books, Bristol, 2007
Additional chapters from books and other articles are to be read amounting to approx. 100-300 pages.
Approx. 200-500 pages of digital comics to be selected partly individually and partly by the teachers of the course in relation to specific course topics.