Management and decision-making paths
The University Board is the University's highest decision-making body. The Vice-Chancellor acts as the University's executive manager.
The University's management includes the Vice-Chancellor, the Pro-Vice Chancellors, a Deputy Vice-Chancellor, five Deans, the Head of Library Services, the Director of Joint University Administration and Services, and student representatives.
The University Board is comprised of the following members:
Olivia Wigzell, Director-general of the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare
- Heike Erkers, President of Akademikerförbundet SSR
- Hanne Leth Andersen, Professor of University Pedagogy and Rector of Roskilde University
- Stephan Müchler, CEO, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Southern Sweden
- Petter Hartman, CEO at Medicon Village Innovation
- Joel Eklund, Chairman of TePe
- Harriet Wallberg, Professor of Physiology and was the President of Karolinska Institutet during the years 2004-2012
- Roko Kursar, municipal commissioner in City of Malmö
- David Rosenlund, Senior lecturer, Faculty of Education and Society
- Liselotte Paulsson, Senior lecturer, Faculty of Odontology
- Patrik Hall, Professor, Faculty of Culture and Society
- Milena Milosavljevic, Student Union Malmö
- Konstantina Klonari, Student Union Malmö
- Indrajeet Tambe, Doctoral Student Union Malmö
- Anne Sundel, SEKO
- Lutfi Zuta, OFR/ST
- Margareta Melin, SACO-s
University Management is comprised of the following individuals:
- Kerstin Tham, Vice-Chancellor
- Mats Edenius, Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Thomas Arnebrant, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Research and Research Education
- Charlotte Ahlgren Moritz, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Collaboration and Innovation
- Rebecka Lettevall, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Global Engagement and Human Rights
- Susanne Wallmark, University Director
University Management Group
The University Management Group is comprised of the University Management and following individuals:
- Anders Kottorp, Dean of the Faculty of Health and Society
- Magnus Nilsson, Dean of the Faculty of Culture and Society
- Anders Linde-Laursen, Dean of the Faculty of Education and Society
- Andreas Jacobsson, Dean of the Faculty of Technology and Society
- Gunilla Klingberg, Dean of the Faculty of Odontology
- Sara Kjellberg, Library Director
- Ingrid Persson, Communications Manager
- Student representatives
Joint University Administration and Services
The University's administrative departments are called Joint University Administration and Services (or GV). The University Director is Head of Joint University Administration and Services and makes decisions in accordance with delegation from the Vice-Chancellor.
Decision-making paths — advisory boards
Malmö University has three levels of decision-making: the University Board, the Vice-Chancellor and faculty management. The advisory boards are responsible for preparing proposals for either official mandate from the Vice-Chancellor or for the Vice-Chancellor to present to the University Board, the University’s most senior decision-making body.
Vice-Chancellor Kerstin Tham
Vice-Chancellor Kerstin Tham
Kerstin Tham embraces the University's vision to foster a creative environment and a close regional, national and international relationships. She is keen to engage the University in working towards a world in which diversity, knowledge and creativity are transformed into action for sustainable community development. Tham believes that the University is primed to lead and create new paradigms within both education and research.
On this page you can apply for vacant positions at Malmö University, learn about some of our employees and more about the...
Faculties and departments
The University's research, education and collaboration are conducted at the five faculties Health and Society, Culture and...