Module 1: Current Human Rights Issues
- Freeman, Michael, (2011), Human Rights: An Interdisciplinary Approach, Polity Press.
- Hayden, Patrick, (2001), The Philosophy of Human Rights, Paragon House Publishers
- Ishay, Micheline, R., (2006) The Human Rights Reader, Routledge.
- Rodriguez-Garavito, Csar (Ed.): Business and Human Rights: Beyond the end of the beginning, Cambridge Univ. Press 2018. (Available as e-book through Malmö University Library)
- Morsink, Johannes (2000) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Origins, Drafting and Intent, University of Pennsylvania Press
- Additional 500 pages of scientific articles and primary source material from the United Nations archives.
- Additional 800 pages of articles and material individually selected by students.
Module 2: Method
- Halperin, Sandra & Heath, Oliver (latest edition) Political Research: Methods and Practical Skills (Oxford: Oxford University Press).
- May, Tim (2001), Social Science Research (London: Open University).
- There may be additional articles (max 300 pages) in lecture presentations.