Power and possibilities - intersectional perspectives on young people's conditions for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)
- Contact person:
- Anna-Chuchu Schindele
- Malmö University
- Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Responsible at Malmö University:
- Malin Lindroth
- Project members:
- Kristina Areskoug Josefsson (bihandledare) – VID Sandnes Norge och Oslo Metropolitan University – Norge
- Collaborators and other project members:
- Anna Bredström (assistant supervisor) – Linköping University
- Time frame:
- 01 February 2018 - 01 February 2026
- Research environment :
About the project
The overall aim is to explore and compare how social determinants affect sexual and reproductive health and rights, among young people aged 16-29 in Sweden.
The PhD-project is theoretically based on social perspectives on public health (social determinants and social stratification) and gender theory / intersectionality. Health and illness are understood as an effect of social conditions. Through intersectionality, the project will critically examine how a society's power structures are intertwined and how individuals in different social groups can have complex and multiple layers of vulnerability or privileges in their social determinants for SRHR.
The empirical material consists of a randomized and stratified survey on SRHR (UngKAB15) which was conducted in the total population aged 16-29 in Sweden in 2015.