The course has no specified course literature. Relevant literature is determined in consultation with the examiner and supervisor.
About the course
In this course, students specialize in a relevant research field of their choice by working within or leading a small research project that aims at producing a journal article or a conference contribution.
This course is offered as part of a programme:
- An independent, small media technology research project is carried out, individually or in a group, in consultation with supervisors and, in relevant cases, a partner from the business community or public sector.
- The purpose of the research project is to deepen and broaden the ability for scientific research and the student's theoretical and methodological knowledge.
- The work includes literature search, planning and implementation of the project, critical analyses of relevant scientific literature and the student's own results.
- Oral and written presentations are included in the work.
- The student is expected to participate in relevant seminars and other activities of the research group in which project takes place.
- Bachelor degree in media technology or in a related field with a minimum 180 European Credit Transfer System credits. Examples of related fields include: computer science, informatics, information systems, human-computer interaction, interaction design, media/IT management, game development, media and communication science and digital cultural studies.
- English proficiency equivalent to English 6 from a Swedish upper secondary school
The University provides students who are taking or have completed a course with the opportunity to share their experiences of and opinions about the course in the form of a course evaluation that is arranged by the University. The University compiles the course evaluations and notifies the results and any decisions regarding actions brought about by the course evaluations. The results shall be kept available for the students. (HF 1:14).
This education is provided by
Faculty of Technology and Society
The Faculty of Technology and Society, TS, conducts education and research with a focus on technology and natural sciences, in...