Module 1. Critical Discourse Analysis
- Richardson. John E. 2006. Analysing Newspapers. An Approach from Critical Discourse Analysis. Palgrave Macmillan. (280 pages)
- Simpson. Paul & Mayr. Andrea. Language and Power. A resource book for students. 2nd edition. Routledge. (310 pages) Additional material may be introduced.
- Strauss, Susan and Feiz, Parastou. 2014. Discourse Analysis. Putting our Worlds into Words. New York: Routledge. 411 pages.
Additional material may be introduced.
Module 2. Corpus Linguistics
- Baker, Paul. 2006, 2nd edition. Using corpora in discourse analysis. London/New York: Continuum.
Additional material may be introduced in the course, but no more than 100 pages.
Module 3. Bachelor Research Paper
The student is expected to independently search for, evaluate and use relevant literature for the bachelor paper.
Recommended Academic Writing guides
- Ramage, John D., John C. Bean and June Johnson. The Allyn and Bacon Guide to Writing. 5th ed. New York: Pearson and Longman.
- Graff, Gerald and Cathy Birkenstein. 2010. They Say/I Say - The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing.New York: Ww Norton & Co.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (available at http://owl.english.purdue.edu)