I am a policy scientist who researches the politics of AI and health from an interdisciplinary and multi-level perspective.
I hold the position of Assistant Professor in the Global Politics of AI and Health (2021-2026) funded by Wallenberg AI - Autonomous Systems and Software Program on Humanities and Society, WASP-HS.
I have a Ph.D. in Social and Policy Sciences from the University of Bath, U.K (2014). Following the completion of my Ph.D. I worked for the UN Refugee Agency (2014-2016).
Find me on LinkedIn
I am Ph.D. co-supervisor for Dennis Munetsi
Current projects and grants
- AI and the Everyday Political Economy of Global Health (2021-2026). See WASP-HS project website
- Crafting Liveable AI Futures (2023-2024), WASP-HS Cross Project Collaboration
- Nordic Fabulation Network (2023-2024). See Nordic Fabulation Network project website
- TAIGA – Centre for Transdisciplinary AI at Umeå University
- Co-hosting the 2nd workshop in the series of the Nordic Fabulation Network, held in Oslo 25-26 January 2024.
- Chairing the Hybrid Human Artificial Intelligence - HHAI2024 alongside Fabian Lorig, Malmö University, Frank Dignum, Umeå University and Adam Dahlgren Lindström, Umeå University. This will be held at Malmö University, 10-14 June 2024.
- A Paradigm Shift in Plain Sight? AI and the Future of Healthcare in the Nordic States, Nordic Welfare Research. (In press, forthcoming 2024), with Michael Strange.
- Collaborative Future-Making: Bridging the Everyday and the Global Political Economy of Automated Health, In: Handbook on Automated Futures, Eds. Fors, V., Berg, M., & Brodersen. De Grutyer (Forthcoming 2024), with Michael Strange.
UN Refugee Agency Award for Outstanding Doctoral Research (2014).