- Malmö University
- Johan Ekstedt
Johan Ekstedt’s research focuses on European migration management and asylum bureaucracy, specifically from a micro-level perspective. Using New Institutionalism and Frontline Bureaucracy Theory, he looks at the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) and the International Organizations for Migration (IOM) at Europe’s external borders.
Other research interests include return migration, public administration, EU migration policy and Swedish asylum policy.
Teaching at Bachelor’s level:
- International Migration & Ethnic Relations I
- International Migration & Ethnic Relations II
- Refugees and Asylum Law
- Political organization & governance (In Swedish)
- Political Science I (Global Politics, In Swedish)
- Grunder i Polisärt arbete/ Samhällsperspektiv på polisiärt arbete (Police Academy)
- Global Politics as Social Science (Master’s level)