Autonomous transport and connected vehicles
- Contact person:
- Reza Malekian
- Malmö universitet
- Responsible at MaU:
- Reza Malekian
- Project members:
- Collaborators and other project members:
- Automotive industry
- Time frame:
- 01 January 2022 - 31 December 2026
- Research environment :
- Research subject:
About the project
With recent advances in sensing, electrification and vehicular communication technologies, autonomous transport and connected vehicles are becoming more and more practicable. The connection between electrification and autonomy is resulting in improved travel distance, energy efficiency and potential innovation. By utilizing vehicular communication and Artificial Intelligence (AI), we can fulfil the autonomous transport research goals, such as reduced traffic congestion, energy consumption and carbon emissions, enhanced road safety, and increased transport system productivity. In intelligent transportation, vehicles that are autonomous, connected, electrified, and equipped with data sharing systems have an impact on the efficiency of the transport industry.
The main objectives of this project are the following:
- To conduct cutting-edge research in the rapidly expanding field of Intelligent Transportation Systems, with a special focus on autonomous transport and connected vehicles.
- To review and analyze relevant scientific and technical literature in the field.
- To develop novel approaches to autonomous transport and connected vehicles. The research will include both modelling, simulation, and experiment/testbeds. Sensing, vehicular communication technologies and AI technique in autonomous transport and connected vehicles will also be studied in this context.
- To develop and test solutions and methods in an experimental setup.
- To engage with national and international research collaborators, both from academia and companies as the project will be in collaboration with industry.