- Roselle, L. and S. Spray (2011) Research and Writing in International Relations (Second edition) (London: Pearson).
- Jackson, P. T. (2016) The Conduct of Inquiry in International Relations: Philosophy of Science and Its Implications for the Study of World Politics (Second edition) (Abingdon: Routledge).
- Halperin, S. & O. Heath (2012) Political Research - Methods and Practical Skills (Oxford: Oxford University Press).
- O’Byrne, D. J. & A. Hensby (2011). Theorizing Global Studies (New York, NY: Palgrave).
- Pierson, C. (2012) The Modern State (Third edition) (London: Routledge).
- Barnett, M. and M. Finnemore (2004) Rules for the World: International Organizations in Global Politics. (New York: Cornell UP).
- Triandafyllidou, A., (ed.) (2017) Global Governance from regional perspectives: a critical view (Oxford: Oxford University Press).
- Cooper, D. (2014) Everyday Utopias – The Conceptual Life of Promising Spaces (Durham: Duke University Press).
- Miller, R. and G. Day (2012) (eds) The Evolution of European Identities – Biographical Approaches (Basingstoke: Palgrave).
- Seabrooke, L. (2006) The Social Sources of Financial Power (Ithaca: Cornell University Press).
Additional material in the form of journal articles and other literature will be added to the reading list and communicated via detailed module guides accessible after registration, via the Canvas digital platform. In most cases, books are available electronically via MaU’s library but may need to be purchased.