- Contact person:
- Sara Leckner
- Responsible at MaU:
- Sara Leckner
- Collaborators :
- Academic partners:
- RISE (project manager)
- Lund University
- Södertörn University
- Industry partners:
- Bumbee Labs
- HI3G Access
- Interactive Advertising Bureau Sverige
- Kantar Sifo
- Nordiska museet
- Priva innovation
- Region Stockholm
- Stiftelsen Länsmuseet Västernorrland
- Time frame:
- 01 February 2022 - 31 August 2024
About the project
Fair Data! [Sjyst data!] is a collaboration and innovation project targeting data protection and privacy in data-driven markets, including 20 partners from academia and industry. The project is centered around the opportunities and values digitalization entails for society – users, companies, and organizations – but also the risks and threats the increased use of personal information means for connected users.
The current phase of the project is step 3, and the project has been ongoing since 2014, with prior fundings including step 1 and 2.
Fair Data! aims to develop knowledge, methods and infrastructure for companies and organizations operating in data driven markets, that support and enhance privacy, transparency, and influence of the end user in the digital ecosystem.
The project contributes to this through primarily two initiatives:
1. The Fair Data! Lab: Establishment of a multidisciplinary, exploratory knowledge center with a structured innovation support around privacy and data protection for companies and organizations with a need for specialist competence and/or reinforcement resources. The lab is intended as a commercial service where companies can turn to for support regarding privacy and data-driven services through teams of multidisciplinary expertise in a format similar to the regulatory sandboxes that are now emerging, such as ICO UK Sandbox.
2. The Sjyst data! Certification: Development of an approved certification for fair privacy in data management and data protection that contributes to increased transparency, security, trust and attractiveness between companies/organizations and customers/end users.