How do co-creation processes affect students' science and sustainability capital and thoughts for future careers?
- Contact person:
- Vildana Basic
- Doctoral school ReIMaS financed by the Swedish Research Council
- Responsible at MaU:
- Eva Davidsson
- Project members at MaU:
- Collaborators :
- Forskarskola RelMaS – finansierad av Vetenskapsrådet
- Time frame:
- 01 January 2022 - 31 December 2026
- Research environment :
- Research subject:
About the project
This PhD project aims to explore how students experience the relevance of science education by using participatory processes to introduce students in Swedish compulsory schools to different natural science professions. The intention is to collaborate with teachers and natural science professionals and investigate how students' interests and attitudes towards natural science subjects are affected by subject-integrated co-creative activities that allow students to take action in society. What effects does this have on students’ science and sustainability capital?
Ideas and results within this project have been presented at the following conferences:
- Research in the didactics of the natural sciences (FND) — practice-near school research (2022)
- CIEAEM 74 - Mathematics and practices: Actions for futures (2023)
The project is part of the research group Studies in Science, Environmental and Mathematics Education (SISEME) and Disciplinary Literacy and Inclusive Teaching.